It’s been a while since we have talked, school has been keeping me very busy. I’m sending you this art care package that I have created because of my art 110 class. As you can see, it’s a collage, and it may look like a bunch of random stuff I glued together but they represent what I have been up to.
- “I LOVE THE WAY YOU SLEEP” & “La Rosa”: I’ve been going to my school’s art gallery and it makes me miss the museums back at home. These exhibits are really cool, it’s a lot of student art, like us!
- A View from the Bridge: I have also seen a couple of plays from school too and this is my ticket from the first play I have seen! It was really cool because both students and teachers were in this play and there was a HUGE plot twist at the end.
- Frostbites: this is a stamp card from my new favorite dessert place that I have tried out here! Here, have my stamp card so if you ever get the chance to come down here you can try it too and get stamps
- I AM NOT A NUGGET & Ban FUR: I’m changing my diet! I’ve been trying to cut back on meat and dairy. I haven’t eaten eggs in 3 weeks and I only drink soymilk. I’ve also just been eating lots of fish and rice, like a lot.
- My class schedule: I wrote this before the first day of class. As you can see it’s a lot and the homework is even more so it takes a good chunk of my day, hence why I haven’t talked to you much, so sorry!
- A blue sword toothpick: I was eating at my now favorite sushi place here and they gave me this at the end of my meal and I thought it was too cool to use.
- Totally Free Thing: Our amazon store gave me this scratcher and I won a free notebook but I never had time to retrieve it, so here, The Beach is great
- Lips: I got this from my Kylie Cosmetics package, I’ve been experimenting with makeup and it’s tons of fun to just play around with makeup and see what I can do
- Photos: the beginning of the school year I told you how homesick I was and I printed out these photos to make me feel less homesick, but I’m okay now and I don’t really need them, so here, save them for me, it’s time for me to make new memories.
So yeah, this has been my life lately, I hope you’re doing well too. I’ll talk to you soon.
I sent this package to my good friend Shirley. It’s a funny story actually, we met one summer at the Boys and Girls Club. At the end of that summer we told each other, “see you next summer,” but when next summer came around she didn’t come back. Two years later, my first day of middle school I see this girl and she is introducing herself to another girl and as soon as she says “my name is Shirley” I suddenly run to her remembering who she is. She is so startled that I appeared out of nowhere, but nonetheless, we become friends, again. Seven years later and we are practically sisters.
I had fun making this project, I knew I was going to make a collage since I’ve done it before and liked the turn out of it. I wanted to give her an update on my life here since we no longer see each other every day and we also don’t talk every day. The hardest part was probably choosing what exactly I wanted to put in the collage, I had many options but I decided these were the best to describe what I’ve been doing. I think sending an ACP is similar to sending a snapchat because the receiver is looking at the item, but the difference is that they can actually touch the item and it isn’t momentarily. They can keep the ACP for longer than 10 seconds. Ephemera is different for everyone. For example, I will keep my movie ticket while others would just throw their’s away, but they would keep their receipts whereas I would throw my receipts away. What is valuable to me could be useless to someone else. There is no difference between art in a museum and my ACP. Art is art, art is everywhere.
I think sending an ACP is similar to sending a snapchat because the receiver is looking at the item, but the difference is that they can actually touch the item and it isn’t momentarily. They can keep the ACP for longer than 10 seconds. Ephemera is different for everyone. For example, I will keep my movie ticket while others would just throw their’s away, but they would keep their receipts whereas I would throw my receipts away. What is valuable to me could be useless to someone else. There is no difference between art in a museum and my ACP. Art is art, art is everywhere.
I think time and effort do mean something, it means the person actually tried and really put work into showing they cared. Of course, that isn’t always the case because not everyone considers themselves as “creative” and find it easier to just buy something. Fast is better when the receiver doesn’t have much time left. Slow is better to show that they put in an effort.
You cannot prepare a meal with love as fast as a McDonald’s drive-thru. Those people are on a time limit, and their main goal is to get the food out ASAP. They care more about time than quality in all honesty. Of course an ACP has the possibility to contain a “love” different from snapchat. There are things you can see on snapchat, but in an ACP and seeing it up close and in real life is more cherishable.